Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Party Dishes

Welp, I had my first moms' night out (in) last week and it was great - a nice little break from changing diapers and doing the mom bounce. It was at a friends house and was an "apps and zerts (and wine)" party. I love the idea. As far as I'm concerned appetizers and desserts are the best part of any meal.

I made a Spinach Artichoke dip that's been my go-to for awhile now; I first saw it on the Today show and liked that it was a bit healthier than your average dip. Here's a link to the recipe so you can try it yourself. I serve mine with baby carrots and celery.

Another recipe I've been making a lot of is this healthy enchilada dish. I use ten corn tortillas instead of the four whole-wheat ones (make sure the corn tortillas are warm before you start working with them). The in-laws came to visit this past weekend and it was a simple, healthy and tasty meal to entertain with.

Do you have any go-to party recipes? This chili dog dip looks pretty tasty for a Superbowl party.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

The dip sounds wonderful. This was my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Liz said...

Mary, thanks so much for coming by. I appreciate the kind words. I'll certainly be visiting your site too!