Friday, December 5, 2008

Photo Phriday: A Rare Moment

This photo captures perhaps the only moment that Henry got within five feet of my niece this past week. For some reason (well, perhaps the reason is that my bro-in-law decided to chase Henry around the house with the baby in his arms) Henry was scared, and I mean tail-between-the-legs-go-hide-under-the-couch-scared of my niece. It's the strangest thing! This photo was taken within the first few hours that they met, but for the remainder of the visit he stayed far, far away from her.

Oh Henry.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can tell by the way he's standing that he's afraid! Poor thing(s). Can't decide who's cuter! ;)

Anonymous said...

So, your bro-in-law is an ass. Henry sure is a cutie though!

Kate said...

So, Anonymous is an ass. Henry sure is a cutie though!

Kate said...

Oh, and I had to caption this photo:

La Dudarina: "Is he looking at me? No, I totally can't turn around and look right now! Be natural about it!"

Liz said...

And his eyes are so big in this picture too Ricki!

Anon -- he's no ass. He's actually one of my favorite people in the world! And I was kind of egging him on because I thought it was funny; which I didn't elude to in the post -- my fault.

Oh Kate; by nature, we do not know who anonymous is, therefore we cannot determine whether he/she is, or is not an ass. And, I totally dig your caption: Dad would think she was saying "my keys" in it.

Kate said...

Sorry Liz, I just don't take kindly to anyone speaking ill of my husband, particularly when they don't have a good reason to. You also may have noticed that the comment was intended to reflect Anon's comment, which meant I was going off of almost the exact same amount of information as Anon in making my own determination of Anon's character.

In any case, Henaree and La Dudarina will be great friends one day!

Jack said...

Caption contest entry:

Henry: "Ear cheese, I know smell ear cheese in there."

Unknown said...

I love that your post featured Henry. Thanks for brightening my day.