Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Love You American Chop Suey



Ohhhhh, American Chop Suey. People love to hate you. Foodies turn their nose up at you. But me? I love you American Chop Suey. When I eat you, you remind me of Grandma's house, which is a good thing. You're an All-American gem. A comfort on cold days. My go-to, feel-good meal.

For awhile there, I thought we would never see each other again. I thought our time was through. But no, I discovered a way to bring you back into my life, only now: gluten-free and a bit healthier than how Grandma made it.

American Chop Suey (serves 2)

1/2 pound of ground turkey
1/2 yellow onion
3/4 cup tomato sauce (I had homemade on hand, so I used that)
1 cup cooked brown rice pasta (I use Tinkyada spirals -- which rock)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder (and any other seasoning you like) to taste

In a medium skillet, cook the onion until translucent, then add the ground turkey and season. Cook until brown. Now add the tomato sauce and pasta and mix delicately (so as not to break apart the pasta) for a few minutes. Serve and enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. One of my all time favorites.

Liz said...

Then I'll be sure and make some for you guys after the baby is born! I imagine you may have your hands too full to cook.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I order from this place all the time and am very pleased to share. They have great kosher organic and natural food products including tinkyada pasta.
Here is a link http://www.wholeandnatural.com
Enjoy!!!
p.s. I used a code try if it works for you bldc08