Monday, January 28, 2008

Superbowl Snacks

I have no tried and true recipe today, but I do have some ideas. Superbowl Sunday is coming up and I usually spend it at my parents. Last year I remember making guacamole and putting too much red onion in it, so I would like to redeem myself this year.

I did a bit of research and here is what I'm thinking:

Brocolli-Stuffed Potato Skins with Avocado Cream - this recipe is by Ellie Krieger who hosts a healty-cooking show on the food network. I'm hoping to make this recipe sans-cheddar and omit the sour cream in the avocado cream, making it more of a guacamole (I'll go easy on the red onion, I swear)

Popcorn Shrimp with Chili-Lime Dipping Sauce - another recipe by Ellie Krieger; this one calls for regular flour. I'll probably substitute with my Annalise Roberts flour mix (superfine brown rice flour, tapioca flour and potato starch) and make the dip for my dairy-eating family.

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries - from allrecipies. If I can find some good-looking strawberries, I'm all over this one. I'll be using Enjoy Life chocolate chips. I also heard a rumor that Stop and Shop brand chocolate chips are dairy-free, so if I can confirm, I'll use those to save me some dough.

It'd be great if I made all three; I'll be sure and post about it if I do!

Speaking of the Superbowl, this will probably make fellow Bostonians pretty pissed, but I'm hoping the Patriots lose -- here's why: Why I Hope the Patriots Lose the Superbowl

Though, I (heart) Wes Welker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stuffed mushrooms would be good,too for a Superbowl party.

Liz said...

Thanks Janet! I may try and make them in porcini mushrooms caps instead of portabella to make them bite size.